How do I remove and re-add the MetaMask extension from Chrome?
If you are having a tough time with the MetaMask extension that you have added to your Chrome web browser, then the only working solution that you are left with is to remove and re-add it. Well, there are a few other solutions as well. But, you can definitely try this one if everything else fails at the end.
All those users who have been using MetaMask would agree that it is a platform that works best at all times and does not give you any technical glitches so often. But, there is no such platform that keeps on working and giving you a smooth experience with it.
Similarly, there are some users, who have not been able to use MetaMask lately and some of them are not able to even open the extension. So, in that case, what you can do is follow the guidelines that are listed below and make sure that you apply them whenever needed.
Removing the MetaMask extension from Chrome
- The first step you need to take here is open Chrome on your device
- Next up, go to the top-right of the page and select the More icon
- Thereafter, click on the "More tools" option
- Followed by this, go to the "Extensions" tab
- Locate MetaMask here and then click "Remove"
- Again, click the "Remove" option to finally remove it
Re-adding the MetaMask Chrome extension
In case you wish to re-add the Chrome extension on your device, then you can do this in two different ways. You can either download the extension from the Chrome web store or go directly to the official MetaMask website to get the extension added. To add the extension, here is what you need to do:
- On your computer, open the MetaMask website- MetaMask.io
- After this, you can click on the "Download" option
- And proceed by clicking "Install MetaMask for Chrome"
- Click the add extension option to finally add it to your browser
All the users who are interested to use MetaMask login on their devices need to understand that they may sometimes come across some technical glitches while using it. However, one can easily remove and re-add the extension and make sure that he is not facing the same technical issues ever again. However, if that does not resolve the issue, you can try updating your web browser instead of re-adding the MetaMask extension.