The global operating room (OR) management solutions market is a huge market comprised of various software solutions that are used in an operating room. These include solutions for data management, inventory management, scheduling and planning of surgeries, communication among surgical staff within and outside the OR, and improved visualization, reporting, and documentation, among others.
While conventional ORs possessed all the equipment required for an operating room to function, the lack of communication among the various components and the lack of automated data management are some of the major drawbacks that led to the rising interest in the implementation of software integrated operating rooms.
The global operating room management solutions market report highlights that the market was valued at $2,023.5 million in 2021 and is expected to reach $3,699.1 million by the end of 2031. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.29% during the forecast period from 2022 to 2031.
Global Operating Room Management Solutions Market (by Type)
The global operating room management solutions market has been segmented based on the type of products into seven major segments, namely, OR data management, OR communication solutions, anesthesia information management systems (AIMS), OR scheduling software, OR supply chain management solutions, OR performance management solutions, and others (image analysis, visualization, and reporting and documentation).
Global Operating Room Management Solutions Market (by Mode of Deployment)
The global operating room management solutions market has been segmented based on the mode of deployment into two major segments, namely, on-premise model and on-cloud and web-based model.
The on-premise delivery model is the oldest model in which the software is housed in the healthcare organization’s in-house computing facility. The organization is solely responsible for the security and maintenance of the servers and hence puts the increased financial burden on the user. This delivery model is far more expensive than web-based or cloud-based services as it requires the organization to pay a licensing fee for every software installed.
The on-cloud and web-based models involve hosting the software on a cloud or the web, thereby enabling end users such as hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers to access their data from anywhere. Therefore, easy data accessibility and lower cost incurred by healthcare organizations are some of the major factors driving the growth of the segment. However, concern regarding data breaches is one of the major factors restraining the growth of the segment.
Global Operating Room Management Solutions Market (by End User)
The global OR management solutions market has been segmented based on the end user into two major segments, namely, hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers (ASCs).
Hospitals account for a larger share of the global OR management solutions market, but there has been a growth in the adoption of OR management solutions in ambulatory surgery centers as well due to a shift in preference from inpatient to outpatient surgeries.
Global Operating Room Management Solutions Market (by Region)
The different regions covered under the global operating room management solutions market include North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest-of-the-World.
North America and Europe are two of the largest markets for operating room management solutions, while developing countries are expected to register strong growth in their adoption shortly.
Key Market Players and Competition Synopsis
Some of the key players operating in the market include Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc., Becton, Dickinson and Company, KARL STORZ SE Co. KG, McKesson Corporation, NEXUS AG, Novanta Inc. (NDS Surgical Imaging), Omnicell, Inc., Steris plc.
Several start-ups such as Avail Medsystems Inc., CaseCTRL (Medovate Technologies, Inc.), OPExPARK Inc., Instrutrack, ReadySet Surgical, Surgio Health, SurgiStream are also emerging in the OR management solutions market.
In the past few years, the global operating room management solutions market has witnessed several strategic and technological developments undertaken by the different market players to attain their respective market shares in this emerging domain. Some of the strategies covered in this segment are funding activities, mergers and acquisitions (MA), partnerships, alliances, business expansions, regulatory and legal activities, and new offerings. The preferred strategy for companies has been new offerings of products followed by partnerships, alliances, and business expansions.
Key Questions Answered in the Global Operating Room Management Solutions Market Report
• What are the major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global operating room (OR) management solutions market?
• What are the underlying structures resulting in the emerging trends within the global OR management solutions market?
• How is each segment of the global OR management solutions market expected to grow during the forecast period, and what is the anticipated revenue generated by each of the segments by the end of 2031?
• What are the significant developmental strategies implemented by the major players in order to sustain in the competitive market, and what are the key regulatory bodies controlling the entry of OR management products to the market?
• Who are the leading players with significant offerings to the global OR management solutions market, and what is the current market dominance for each of these leading players?
• What compound annual growth rate (CAGR) is expected to be witnessed by the leading players in the market during the forecast period 2022-2031, and which management systems are anticipated to have the most promising growth?
• What are the major technological as well as regional adoption trends pertaining to the global OR management solutions market?
• What are the major technologies employed in the global OR management solutions market, and which is the most dominating technology?
• Who are the key manufacturers in the global OR management solutions market, and what are their contributions?
• What is the growth potential of the different modes of deployment as well as the end users in the OR management solutions market?
Request Sample - https://bisresearch.com/requestsample?id=1291type=download
How This Report Can Add Value
Assuming that the reader is a developer of OR management solutions and software, they will be able to do the following:
• Understand their position as compared to some of the key players in the market
• Stay updated with novel technology integration, features, and the latest developments in the market
• Understand the impact of COVID-19 on the adoption of OR management solutions and the entry barriers as a result of it
• Gain insights into which regions to target globally based on factors such as the amount of software integration in operating rooms
• Gain insights into the end-user perception concerning the adoption of operating room management solutions
• Identify some of the key players in the market and understand their valuable contribution
BIS Related Studies